When I started this blog, I really did not think people would be interested in what I have to say. I am extremely grateful for the support I have received from other bloggers. It is strange how someone you have never met sometimes understands your struggles and frustrations better than people you know well. Thank-you so much Kristen for my Liebster nomination. I think this is a great way for us to get to know one another better and show the human side of infertility (it is so much more than statistics, tests, etc).
This is how it all works
1. Link back to the blogger who gave you the award.
2. Answer the questions designated by the blogger who nominated you.
3. List 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 3-5 other bloggers with less than 200 followers.
5. Make up a set of questions for the nominated bloggers to answer.
Here it goes 🙂
Questions from Kristen
1. What is the one thing in your life that you are most proud of achieving?: My husband and I have been together for 13+ years and we still like each other (liking someone is sometimes harder than loving them).
2. What is your favourite flavour of ice cream?: Chocolate-chip cookie dough hands down!
3. What is your favourite movie?: Forrest Gump. It gets me every time.
4. What/who has been your greatest source of strength in life?: My dad. He is the most compassionate person I know.
5. If you had to pick your favourite motivational one-liner, what would it be?: Well-behaved women rarely make history.
6. If you had one tip for someone about to go through IVF, what would it be?: We haven’t started yet but have done IUIs. So far, I would say make you marriage/relationship a priority. It can be a huge strain and you need to stick together.
7. What was it about your partner, that first time that you met them, that attracted you?: I met him while I was in high school and I really liked that he had premium cable and a big TV. After a while, he sent me a happy one-month dating anniversary card which confirmed to me that we were an actual couple.
8. Are you a dog person or a cat person?: Dog all the way.
11 Facts About Me
1. I love tattoos but I have promised myself I will not get one anywhere you can see with regular clothes on.
2. I have an exceptional memory of stuff I read but I am abnormally bad at remembering faces and several times I have ‘introduced’ myself to people I have met before.
3. I absolutely love math and economics! Nothing makes me happier than deriving an equation or model to explain a causal relationship.
4. My original plan was to be a lawyer but I changed my mind after a long discussion I had with my brother when I was 22. He told me to decide what I wanted to do and not focus on what other people say I should do. He died unexpectedly about a month after this talk.
5. I still think that selfies are kind of strange. I have never had the urge to take a random picture of myself and post it for the world to see.
6. My husband is sincerely the smartest person I have ever met (although he is really laid back and you would not know it just talking to him). Sometimes I am jealous of him for that.
7. In my whole life, I have had one beer (in July of 2003), zero glasses of wine, and zero cups of coffee. I will drink cocktails if I can not taste the alcohol. I have also never had steak and almost never eat pork but I am not a vegetarian.
8. I enjoy cleaning and organizing. I can clean for hours.
9. People often think I am outgoing but I am actually extremely shy and often feel awkward in social situations.
10. I have the best family ever! I am nothing like my parents but they are my biggest cheerleaders. I am so lucky to have them.
11. It is much easier for me to be friends with guys than girls. I feel like I can be myself around them.
Lucy50 at 24 Months and Counting: She is such a captivating writer! Also, her comments on my posts are always so supportive and thoughtful!
Awaiting Autumn: Her posts are always incredibly inspirational. Also, like me, she has two fur babies which provide comfort when things get difficult.
Eventual Momma: This blog is relatively new and I admire her honesty and candor. I already identify with her struggles and enjoy reading her posts.
1. If you could spend a year in any part of the world (cost does not matter), where would it be and why.
2. What do you like the most about yourself?
3. What do you like to do to relax or relieve tension?
4. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
5. What is your favorite song of all time? (This can be hard so if you can narrow it down to two or three that is fine).
6. What might people be surprised to know about you?
7. What is your favorite comfort food?
8. If there is one thing you could learn to do but have not yet done, what is it?
Although this is long, it was actually fun to write! Happy blogging everyone 🙂 XOXO – Jennie